Our clients often ask us for recommendations on how to increase their Facebook likes, Twitter follows, etc. Building your fan base can seem like a daunting task, especially if you are starting from scratch. But, it can be much simpler than you think by employing these strategies.
- Cross-promote your social networks. Try posting something like “Have you liked us on Facebook?” on a different social channel.
- Promote your social media profiles in an email to all of your subscribers or in an email signature at the bottom of personal emails.
- Like, retweet, comment and share similar and complementary content from your business profiles. This will get your brand in front of other potential fans.
- Put your social icons on display. From your website to press releases to print collateral, include your social platforms and links when possible.
- Create exclusive content or offers only available on social to entice people to keep checking back.
- Produce awesome content that is shareworthly. Don’t forget photos, videos, infographics, etc.
- Hold social contests to engage current fans, while also drawing in new ones.
- Use consistent naming across all channels to make it easy for people to find you. Try to stay away from extraneous characters like hyphens, periods, and underscores in your name or urls.
- Guest post on another blog.
- Maintain a consistent online presence. Commit to posting regularly so you reduce the risk of your account appearing dormant and followers dropping off.
While building a following is an essential part of social media marketing, the number of fans you have shouldn’t be the goal that you measure success against. If you’d like information about how social media marketing can deliver real results, then contact us today and we’ll help you convert your likes into leads.